Monday, April 14, 2008

Because I Am

Because I Am

Beautiful,
Inside Out,
Is a day in a hyacinth
Outside In,
Is a within night in
Beautiful, that’s me

Beautiful,
With a rarefied intellect,
Of worlds,
Other places,
Many faces.
A mutt of the races,
Beautiful, that’s me.

Beautiful,
Made of
The rainbow,
From down low,
To tip top,
Over drip drops,
Of sunshine,
Refined and
Of the times,
But still defined in
Beautiful, that’s me.

Beautiful,
For my laughs,
And my cries,
The sass in my hips,
Assisted by the way she make it whip
The worries of tomorrow
My shame,
And sorrows,
All of it nil,
In the broad scheme of things,
All of it matters,
As does the thing.
That makes them all chatter
But as crazy as it seems,
It makes me all the more beautiful to me.
Beautifully woman, that’s she.

Why?
Because I said so.
Point Blank.

Ms. Philadelphia

No comments: