Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A reflection on Perfection? Bittersweet.

Too Sweet

Perfection? Maybe?
A pod of two peas,
The bees knees,
They say we belong together,
Me an Eve to your Adam,
Bittersweet.

Too Sweet,
She say, he say, we say
Two rights, don’t make a wrong
But Too rights makes it ALL wrong,
Through all the stubborn fighting,
I only wish for the lighting of years ago,
To get over us.
On that umpteenth time
Of reconciliation.
So in this, I missed my stop.
An unplus in search of a spiritual bliss
Never coming.
Kissed away in the inflexibility
Of a situation gone awry

A cry
For us, uttered alone
A prayer
For us, gone unanswered
A whimper, not embraced.
Maybe it isn’t as sweet as it seems..
Maybe this was too sweet,

And like everything sweet,
It soon loses,
Its sweetness,
It’s flavor,
The tart,
The tangy,
It becomes bland,
Immiscible.
Inapprehensible,

So alike that no longer
Is there an attraction
No Added satisfaction,
Stronger builds this dis-
regard,
for me,
for you,
only thinking about us.

I realize now,
It is time,
Time to grow,
Time to go,
Off this runaway
Train,
This runaway pain.
I see a light,
Untied my knot,
Let go of this
Too Damn Sweet.

I’m out.
Time to be again.
Just me.

No more she and he,
Her and him,
They,
Them,
Us,
We,
Just me

A reflection of my imperfection,
But yet I embrace
All of me
Like no do him
Can.

To the left.
Go you.

Bitterly Sweet.
Too Damn Sweet.

Ms. Philadelphia

No comments: