Monday, July 7, 2008

A Subsiding Paranoia



Paranoia is…
-racing to get the phone,
thinking it’s you
it wasn’t.
-rolling over in bed,
feeling for you
you’re not there.
-making a meal for two,
it’s only me.
-looking at every Acura 3.2TL license plates,
thinking they’re yours.
they never are.
-seeing your name everywhere I go,
it’s not you.
-dreaming about us together,
i wake up.
-passing places we’ve been
can’t go in,
won’t go in
-toyin’ in my mind with a lifetime of you,
i can’t do it.
-toyin in my mind of a lifetime without you,
i have to do it.
-seein’ you in every man,
it can’t be.
-seein’ you with other women,
she cries.

Getting Over You is….
-letting you leave a message
-stretching out in my bed;
without bumping into you.
-eating a meal for one and sharing
with the birds.
-hearing my name everywhere,
I go.
-occupying my time with others,
-going in those places where we,
once went and ordering all our favorite dishes.
-dreaming what the new boo
will look and feel like on me.
-dreamin’ of new life without u,
free to be me again, and
not the u, u wanted me to be.
-seein’ you with another woman,
she laughs.
As if you could get over me,
she’s just like me.



No comments: